Care coordination is an important healthcare benefit that can help you achieve the most effective care and lead a healthier life and is one of the many services of Population Health. We can connect you with some of the nation’s most trusted care coordination organizations to help support your health. Learn more about the benefits of care coordination in the article below.
What is care coordination?
Care coordination organizes healthcare needs such as scheduling appointments, connecting you to primary care physicians, monitoring chronic conditions and much more. The goal of care coordination is to help you find the safest, most effective care, resulting in better health outcomes.
Examples of Care Coordination Services
Examples of care coordination services can include:
- All of your healthcare providers working closer together
- Your healthcare providers assessing your needs and goals based on your overall health (not just their specialty or focus area)
- This connection of services can help with transitions of care
- Your care team can create a proactive care plan
- Your care team and healthcare providers can also share community resources that are available to and beneficial for you
Benefits of Utilizing Care Coordination
Coordination of care can be extremely impactful on your overall health, but some of the main benefits include:
- Better Health Outcomes: Care coordination benefits both the patient and the provider, keeping both you and your doctor(s) better informed to create a safe and effective care plan.
- Improved Understanding: When working with a care coordinator, you will have a better understanding of your care, from prescriptions to treatment options and everything in between.
- Cost and Time Savings: You can eliminate unnecessary appointments and tests when working with a care coordination team.
- Easier transitions: Whether there is a change in facility or provider, or transitioning care in the home, care coordination helps with a smooth transition process.
Care Coordination is Easy with Population Health
Care coordination makes sure that your needs and preferences are communicated to the right people at the right time, developing a team and care plan tailored to you.
Population Health partners with some of the most trusted local and national service providers and can connect you to care coordination services in your area so you can receive the most effective care and ensure you’re getting the most out of the resources and programs available to you.